Cool, cool stuff.

On 4/29/07, Jesse Kuhnert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

A couple new things have been added, which people may/may not be aware of.

-) Josh Long contributed a new maven2 archetype to help get people up and
running with typical configurations like Spring / Jetty / etc in a
Tapestry
project. You can read more about it in his blog entries here:

http://www.joshlong.com/jl/entry/20070227
and
http://www.joshlong.com//jl/entry/20070305

Or on the project page for it at
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/tapestry-archetype/index.html .

-) I finally stuck some documentation pages up covering some of the unit
testing code that we've been using in Tapestry for a while now but never
bothered to document fully. It's a separate download that you can use to
help test your tapestry apps. (and is also what we use to test Tapestry
itself) . Howard wrote all / most of the code of course, I've just moved
it
around some and put it on a web site I can control.

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/tapestry-test/index.html

-) A somewhat experimental new piece of code has been stuck in
tapestry-contrib (do I even need to say it's 4.1.2-SNAPSHOT only ? ) to
generate different kinds of useful images in your applications. Most of
the
code is concerned with rounded corner generation but I also added in some
drop shadow rendering. There is no documentation on it yet as I'm not done
with it but whatever there is should be covered in these places:

http://blog.opencomponentry.com/2007/04/23/google-rounded-corners/
http://ajaxian.com/archives/rounded-and-shaded-corners
http://ajaxian.com/archives/googles-rounded-corner-generator

The images in the demo page here are all generated using this service.
(most
from urls you can embed in simple css declarations)

http://opencomponentry.com:8080/timetracker/LocaleList.html

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer