Better have getUrlFromClass generate a url for a {0} parameter (insted of
jsmith)
then (at runtime) have javascript that replaces {0} with whatever value you
want.

On 5/8/07, bjornharvold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thank you for the lightning response!

the parameter "jsmith" is of course the runtime text the user enters as
his
username so there is no way for me to hard code that into the
getUrlFromClass method. Javascript is the only thing that knows what the
username is at the time of checking. Can I use the getUrlFromClass, as
described before, have it generate the url on my template and then have
javascript append jsmith to the url?

So url I get from tapestry component:
var url = ${urlFromClass}

At runtime:
var url = ${urlFromClass} + "/" + username;

Would that work? And what can the method rpcTrigger expect as incoming
parameter for username?

thanks in advance
bjorn