> What do you mean by forbidden? And also by changing page
> properties in an XHR request?
>
> I do this quite often myself so maybe it's just a matter of
> ~when~ you try to change the properties.

Oops, silly mistake in the component. It works perfectly well.

> p.s. Have you guys noticed any performance gains? Besides
> ognl I've been squeezing every millisecond out that I can via
> yourkit profiler. It's almost in a state where I don't think
> there's a whole lot more I can do to make it faster but I'm
> sure there is...

Rendering time is generally very fast. I've absolutely no issues with
that (never had, to be honest, compared to DB- and network- roundtrip
times (some 100ms), tapestry's rendering time was always negligible).
My biggest performance-"issue" is dojo-initialisation on page-reload. At
least I think it's that. Firebug tells me that about 1000ms are spent in
dojo.loaded. Some 900 ms of these seem to come from
buildWidgetFromParseTree.

I don't really know whether there's something which can be done about
this - it's not really a problem for us. Maybe it's just the price to
pay for some the really snappy XHR requests ...

Marcus