I Howard,
Thank u for the answer. That was what i did. I followed the pattern but i
didn't see how to add easily new Javascript. I could modify tapestry.js  but
i think that's not the best way to do it.

I thought the validators were able to execute server and client side
validation. According to the documentation "Tapestry excels at creating
forms and validating input. Input validation is declarative, meaning you
simply tell Tapestry what validations to apply to a given field, and it
takes care of it on the server and (once implemented) on the client as
well."

Thanks

On 5/15/07, Howard Lewis Ship <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 5/14/07, Juan Maya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am  trying to contribute a new Email Validator that would check if an
> email is valid or not.
>
> To do it i created a class Email that implements Validator<Void,
Object>.
> Then i contributed the Validator in My AppModule:
> public static void
> contributeFieldValidatorSource(MappedConfiguration<String, Validator>
> configuration){
>         configuration.add(Email.NAME, new Email());
> }
>
> My question are:
> 1. How could i add a client side validation for my email validation?

Follow the pattern present in the existing validators.

2. I disabled js in my browser and none of the  basic Validators
(required,
> minLegth, etc) worked . Am i a missing something obvious?

If JavaScript is disabled, then you don't get client side validation,
since
it requires JavaScript.  That's why you always re-check on the server.

Thanks

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.