You don't need the @Meta, you can:

  @Persist("flash")
  private List<String> messages = new ArrayList<String>();

Also, you don't need the @Persist on the currentMessage field.

On 5/15/07, Joel Wiegman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Greetings all,

I attempted to expand upon the T5 "FlashDemo" found here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tapestry/tapestry5/trunk/tapestry-core/src/
test/app1/WEB-INF/

I'm attempting to write a "Messages" component that can be included
anywhere and show a group of messages to a user.

But for some reason the messages are persisting past a single-page
rendering, despite using the new "flash" persistence strategy (which I'm
assuming is available in 5.0.4).  Can anyone spot the flaw?  Thanks!

"Messages" component:

@Meta("tapestry.persistence-strategy=flash")
public class Messages {

    @Persist
    private List<String> messages = new ArrayList<String>();

    @Persist
    private String currentMessage;

    public List<String> getMessages()
    {
        return messages;
    }

    public void addMessage(String message) {
        messages.add(message);
    }

    public String getCurrentMessage() {
        return currentMessage;
    }

    public void setCurrentMessage(String currentMessage) {
        this.currentMessage = currentMessage;

"Messages" template:

<t:if test="messages"
xmlns:t="http://tapestry.apache.org/schema/tapestry_5_0_0.xsd";>