I have several tapestry pages that all receive an injection of the
exact same asset for use on the HTML page as a stylesheet link href:

@Inject ("menu.css")
private Asset _menuCss

public Asset getMenuCss ()
{
   return _menuCss;
}

I would love to be able to encapsulate this bit of code, ideally, in a
superclass.  But of course, inheritance is "bad" and the instance
field must be private.

I guess I could rig a "MenuStylesheet" component that would emit the
full <link ... /> tag and inject the asset into MenuStylesheet.java,
then put the <t:menustylesheet /> component into each of the pages.
Maybe this is the "T5 way," but it seems like more work than
necessary.

Am I not seeing something more obvious?

Bill

--
"The future is here.  It's just not evenly distributed yet."

    -- Traditional