Dear community,

Could you tell me what are benefits of using "pure HTML" approach to
creating templates for your pages? As I understand it is one of primary
selling points of Tapestry framework. However I failed to find any
justification for this approach other that you can give it to your HTML
designer even after your placed some components on it. For me this
argument is relevan only for simple applications, because:
1) decent application uses tons of both custom and standard components,
which make bare page template look very different compared to what it
will look like when all components are rendered
2) many templates contain sections which are mutually exclusive when
application page is rendered, but will be simultaneously visible on a
bare template (consider "No data to display" warning instead of grid
control)

Considering all of these, decision to use "pure HTML" templates looks
like completely arbitrary and the matter of taste of Mr. Howard Lewis
Ship. However I suppose I missed an important point here, so I would be
very grateful if somebody shed light on this issue for me.

Thanks in advance!

--
Igor Lobanov