Hello,

So if I understand correctly the two answers I received,

I should NOT use the initial-value attribute since I will not yet have session information (and probably component parameters).

If I need a place to initialize some persistent properties which will be called after the component parameters are set but before the component renders I need to implement pageBeginRender.

Alex