Hi
Thanks, Jesse, for your answer.
What if I want to return values from the listener method? Instead of

@EventListener(elements = "myFavoriteDiv", events = "onmouseover")
   public void watchText(BrowserEvent event)
   {
       System.out.println("watch text entered"+event);
   }

I want something like

@EventListener(elements = "myFavoriteDiv", events = "onmouseover")
   public List<State> watchText(BrowserEvent event)
   {
        // get country id from event
        // String countryId = ...;
        List<State> states = someService.getStates(countryId);
        return states;
   }

(Of course, probably it would be a <select> and onChange.) Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.
Janos

Jesse Kuhnert wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean, the asynchronous portion should happen
automatically.

It should also behave exactly the same way as your listener method would if it were say a @Submit component listener or @DirectLink listener. The major
difference is that it automatically submits your form if you happen to be
targeting a component that implements IFormComponent. (which most form based
Tapestry components do)

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/ajax/eventlistener.html