Never mind - I just came across an example using the cookie source hivemind service to accomplish this. This is a much cleaner solution. Thanks

Denis McCarthy wrote:
That sounds like a good idea. However, I've been unable to find an explanation as to how to set a value explicitly in a cookie (I know that tapestry will implicitly set the session value in a cookie for you to synchronize the server state with the client using a session id) How do you get tapestry to store some other value in a cookie, and is there a way to easily access it? I'm using tap 4.1
Thanks
Denis

Jesse Kuhnert wrote:
Why don't you just store the unique machine ID in a cookie ?