I think i might have found an "interesting" behavior in component resolution. It seems that if you have a directory with the same name as the page itself, Tapestry won't find that page.
So, it won't find pagetwo/PageTwo but it will find somepages/PageTwo.

At least this is the behavior i'm getting. I'll report an issue for this.
In the mean time, i think renaming the folder or the page will solve your problem.

Steven Coco wrote:
Hi.

[I got my project building fine again with T 5.0.5]. And I'm still a complete newbie!

I'm having a blocker of a problem. I have the simplest webapp I can think of, and I am getting an IllegalStateException: "No root element has been defined."

I've found a thread in the archives about this, and a reference to a bug ID, but I still can't get it to run! Perhaps it's because my second page lives in a subpackage? I've tried moving the templates everywhere I can think of too.

The project was created via the Maven quickstart, and the only change I made to the POM is to use version 5.0.5-SNAPSHOT. I removed the content and made my own. I have only this structure:

src/main/webapp/WEB-INF
    Start.html
    web.xml
    /pagetwo
        PageTwo.html
src/main/java/org/example/myapp/pages
    Start.java
    /pagetwo
        PageTwo.java

Both java class bodies are empty, and both html templates are nothing more than empty html head/title/body tags with the tap namespace declared. I can visit the start page without error, but if I try to visit "pagetwo/" I get this exception. Where am I supposed to put files and templates?

I'm missing something simple, but I've been all around the documentation and bunches of tutorials, and I thought I was on the right track.

Any help? The simple webapp is attached. Sorry for the extremely fundamental difficulty!

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Steven Coco.