Why not use EagerLoad
it was in Hivemind, and it exists in T5 as well...

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-ioc/service.html
look for "eager load"

Davor Hrg

On 6/11/07, Otho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi all!
I have the same problem [T5] of initializing the database at startup and
tried it with contribution like this:

In my MyAppModule I added

public void

contributeApplicationInitializer(OrderedConfiguration<ApplicationInitializer>
configuration)
{
        configuration.add("myApp.applicationIitializer", new
MyAppInitializer());
}

with MyAppInitializer implementing the ApplicationInitializer interface.
Unfortunately that seems to be wrong, since the app is never entering the
initializeApplication method.

Any tips as to how to get that right?

Regards,
Otho