Jesse, since you closed this bug would you care to comment?

-warner

On Jun 11, 2007, at 2:38 PM, Warner Onstine wrote:

I'm still seeing this issue when I'm trying to convert from 4.0.2 up
to 4.1.2. Here's my issue:

I have a Login component that declares a bean

@Bean(EventsValidationDelegate.class)
   public abstract IValidationDelegate getValidationDelegate();

And on the NewEvent page where the Login component is included I also
have a validation delegate declared:
@Bean(EventsValidationDelegate.class)
   public abstract IValidationDelegate getValidationDelegate();

When I try and visit this page I get this error:

Error: An error occured processing annotation
@org.apache.tapestry.annotations.Bean(value=class
com.sourcebeat.tap101.components.errors.EventsValidationDelegate,
lifecycle=REQUEST, initializer=) of public abstract
org.apache.tapestry.valid.IValidationDelegate
com.sourcebeat.tap101.components.Login.getValidationDelegate(): Bean
validationDelegate has already been declared (at Annotation
@org.apache.tapestry.annotations.Bean(value=class
com.sourcebeat.tap101.components.errors.EventsValidationDelegate,
lifecycle=REQUEST, initializer=) of public abstract
org.apache.tapestry.valid.IValidationDelegate
com.sourcebeat.tap101.components.Login.getValidationDelegate()).

This appears to be the same error that was fixed in 4.1.1 -
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-848

Thanks for the help. Let me know if you want me to attach any pages, or reopen the bug.

-warner

Warner Onstine - Programmer/Author
New book on Tapestry 4!
Tapestry 101 available at http://sourcebeat.com/books/ tapestrylive.html