I.e.,

public class FooDaoImpl
      extends HibernateTemplate
      implements FooDao // which extends HibernateOperations
{
 // some custom Foo dao methods.
}

Perfecto and parsimonious.

bill

On 6/25/07, Massimo Lusetti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/26/07, Bill Holloway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have the following DAO pattern:
>
> public class FooDaoImpl
>         extends HibernateDaoSupport
>         implements FooDao
> {
>    // some custom Foo dao methods.
> }
>
> However, tapestry-ioc spring bean injection injects via interface.
> So, none of the HibernateDaoSupport or HibernateTemplate methods like
> saveOrUpdate or merge or get are visible from my injected DAO unless
> they're explicitly written into the FooDao interface or some higher
> level interface that FooDao extends.  Pain.

What are you gaining from HibernateDaoSupport?
Why not using this pattern without HibernateDaoSupport and
HibernateTemplate and let the spring framework handle transaction?

--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com