Probably because of limits on the amount of data you are allowed to encode
in GET requests.  (specifically I think IE has this issue with something
around 4k or so )

You'll have to either use a smarter DataSqueezer to encode smaller versions
of your lists or just store less data somehow.  Most people use things like
unique row ID values from persistent DB stores as the encoding keys but your
situation may be different...