Thanks Renat, unfortunately the dialog needs to be initialised programmatically .. I need to dynamically stuff an object into it. I might be able to use JS for the close operation though.

Renat Zubairov wrote:
Hi

You can show or hide dialog not from the Tapestry (read server-side)
but directly with Javascript.
It's pretty simple, you just need to call method "show" or "hide" on
the DoJo dialog:

<script type="text/javascript">
   function closeDialog() {
       dojo.widget.byId('DialogContent').hide();
   }
</script>

Renat