tapestry hibernate will pick it up if you follow the structure .....
myapp.entities
myapp.pages
myapp.components ......

take a look at the error
[WARN] AnnotationBinder Package not found or wo package-info.java:
org.czarlylab.javashop.entities

are you sure you have correct value in web.xml:
<param-name>tapestry.app-package</param-name>
             <param-value>org.czarlylab.javashop</param-value>

Davor Hrg