I asked this same question a while ago and didn't get a response. You can implement ServiceEncoder and reform the URLs yourself for the Direct Service. However, I never did figure out how to do this using the same URL, since the encoders use the URL to determine what actual service to use. So, I used /foo/bar/baz for the baz service, and /foo/ bar/baz.d for the direct service representation. That seems t work.

-Norman