it may be usefull,
please check that you havent put your ASO class in components package
or pages package (those classes get enhanced and can cause class cast
exceptions)

Davor Hrg

On 7/16/07, bmg125 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Otho did you ever find a solution to the the Class Cast Exception when
using
the @ApplicationState annotation?  I have read and reread the docs and it
seems like my code should work.  I am basically just trying to create an
ASO
with the default persistence strategy and constructor.  So I am not sure I
understand why I am getting the class cast exception.

-BGregory

Otho wrote:

> Hi all!
> Was there a solution to this really strange ClassCastException already?
>
> I have the same problem in the following circumstances:
>
> public class Search extends BaseComponent
> {
>     @Component
>     private Form simpleSearch;
>
>     @ApplicationState
>     private SimpleSearchString simpleSearchString;
>
>     private String searchTerm; // wil be populated by the form;
>
>     /* Form Handler */
>
>     String onSuccess()
>     {
>         if (searchTerm == null)
>             return null;

>         return "ExtendedSearch";
>     }
>
>     public SimpleSearchString getSimpleSearchString()
>     {
>         return simpleSearchString;
>     }

> java.lang.ClassCastException myapp.state.SimpleSearchString cannot be
cast
> to myapp.state.SimpleSearchString
> Stack trace
>
>    - myapp.components.search.Search._$read_simpleSearchString(
Search.java