From: Hugo Palma [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 5:52 AM
To: Tapestry users
Subject: Re: contrib:Timeout

Ok, i've actually tested the component and have confirmed that it doesn't
work for me either.
After some fiddling there seems to be two problems with the component:

- The XTitle implementation is adding this javascript code:

requestObject.onreadystatechange = function() {if
(requestObject.readyState== 4) {
   if (requestObject.status == 200) {
      var data = extractData(requestObject);
      TimeoutSessionRenewed(data);

What this does is renew the warning counter every time u even move ur mouse
over the web page. To try this, refresh ur page where the timeout component
is and go for a coffee or something. Just be sure to not touch ur mouse. See
if anything happens this way.

- Second problem. The Timeout component add TimeoutConfirm() to the window
timeout event and not tapestry.TimeoutConfirm(). This throws a javascript
error when the timeout occurs and the window tries to call the non
existent TimeoutConfirm()
function.

I only tried in Firefox so IE might have a different behaviour.

On 7/17/07, Hugo Palma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Are you sure ur application is creating a session ?
> Add this to ur page class:
>
> @InjectObject("infrastructure:request")
>     public abstract WebRequest getRequest();
>
>     public boolean isInSession() {
>         return getRequest().getSession(false) != null;
>     }
>
> and print out the value of the inSession property. Does it confirm that u
> r in a session ?
>
> Henry Chen wrote:
>
> For some reason, when I post from Nable the code parts were lost. I'm
> reposting from outlook this time.
>
> Thank you for helping.
>
> Sorry I didn't realize that the code is missing from my original post.
> Here it is:

disableAutoProlong="true"/>