https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1656

On 18-Jul-07, at 7:15 PM, Jesse Kuhnert wrote:

Good point. If you add a JIRA issue for it it should be super easy for to
add a "listener" parameter.

On 7/18/07, Julian Wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've been playing with InlineEditBox and I have a few questions.

First, my use case: I have a project which has a set of notes. Both
project and note are hibernate objects. You can add as many notes as
you want to a project. It's nice to be able to edit the note text
inline.

So I list the notes:

     <parameter name="project" required="true"/>
     <property name="note"/>

     <component id="forEachNote" type="For">
         <binding name="source" value="ognl:project.notes"/>
         <binding name="value" value="ognl:note"/>
     </component>

and I make the note text editable:

     <component id="noteText" type="InlineEditBox">
         <binding name="value" value="ognl:note.text"/>
     </component>

So this works fine, except that I need a chance to update the object
back to the db. I've noticed that without doing anything more,
InlineEditbox submits a form asynchronously when I hit save.

GET /timesheets/app?
component=projectNotes.noteText&page=ProjectDetails&service=direct&se ssi
on=T&noteText=Project%20still%20on-going%20as%20per%
20Fred.&dojo.preventCache=1184792811048 HTTP/1.1

How do I get a hook on that? What is generating the response? How can
I get the id of my note into that form? - placing the InlineEditBox
within a form component results only in a nested form, so using a
hidden field doesn't accomplish anything.

I can hook up an eventlistener to the onSave event and then I'm
notified, but now we have two request responses, which seems
unnecessary. Plus I need to do a bunch more infrastructure work to
get at the note text and id, since I can't just use the persist
annotation with my hibernate objects. Maybe I will need to do that
work anyway...

I guess my question really boils down to: what is the intended way to
use InlineEditBox? With the eventlistener annotation? With a hook
onto that first request? Some other way I'm not seeing? All I need is
the id of the note and the note text to make my save.

Thanks,

Julian Wood
Web, E-Mail, and Middleware Services
University of Calgary Information Technologies,
2500 University Drive, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 1N4
(403) 220-5868

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer