From: Jesse Kuhnert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 6:47 PM
To: Tapestry users
Subject: Re: t4.1.2 internet explorer only issue with
cycle.getResponseBuilder().updateComponent("foo")

Nothing would change on the server side for any specific browser (except
maybe with asset cache handling) - so I'd turn on client side debugging
and
see what happens?  (and also install micro$oft script debugger -
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2f465be0-94fd-4
569-b3c4-dffdf19ccd99&displaylang=en)

On 7/20/07, Anna Vo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a property selection that when selected updates a page property
> and then a few components. In Safari and FF (mac and pc) everything
> works, but when I test in IE7 and IE6 it does everything (sets the
page
> property) but then fails to update the specified components (some text
> and some form elements). Basically it seems to not be doing anything
> with cycle.getResponseBuilder().updateComponent(). Has anyone run into
> this?
>
> Sample Code:
> @EventListener(targets="theSelectId", events="onchange")
> public void doFooSelected(IRequestCycle cycle)
> {
>         setSomeId(getCurrentOptionValue().getId());
> cycle.getResponseBuilder().updateComponent("someId");
>         cycle.getResponseBuilder().updateComponent("someId2");
> }

>         Some text

>         Form component
>
> <form jwcid="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" focus="false"
> success="listener:doFooSelected">
> value="ognl:currentOptionValue" model="ognl:someModel" />
> </form>

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer