Thank you very much, Nick!

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Westgate [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 08 August 2007 10:21
To: Tapestry users
Subject: Re: [T5] Submit control event handler cannot redirect?

Think of it this way: the answer is "no" if you supply t:defer="false",
because then the redirect would occur before the form completed
rewinding.

That would be kind of like an exception. ;-)
http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5RedirectException

I agree with you that's it's inconsistent though, and could be changed.
The event framework is definitely alpha, IHMO, with all the cool
features already implemented but some deeper issues yet to be resolved.

(In fact I'm about to post a JIRA improvement issue related to events.)

Cheers,
Nick.

Kolesnikov, Alexander GNI wrote:
> For me, this looks inconsistent. Okay, Submit control generates
> 'selected' event, not 'submit', not 'action', but wouldn't it be
> natural to be able to navigate to another page as a result of a Submit

> button press?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alexander

> --------
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: If you have received this email in error,
please immediately notify the sender by e-mail at the address shown.
This email transmission may contain confidential information.  This
information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity
to whom it is intended even if addressed incorrectly.  Please delete it
from your files if you are not the intended recipient.  Thank you for
your compliance.  Copyright 2007 CIGNA