Yeah that's mostly how it's done.

But - you may want to think about handling this differently if you
have the opportunity.   At least from a ui perspective - I've not been
particularly fond of web forms that display all my errors at the top
or bottom in a list that I then need to re lookup for each field I'm
trying to correct.   (maybe some contextual display of errors next to
the relevant section of a form - ie a fieldset -  that still lists
things but at least has them listed on a per section basis)

just random thoughts...

On 8/3/07, Adam Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to wrap my head around Tapestry.  I'll be ordering some books
> shortly but in the meantime:  What is the simplest way (in 4.1) to show
> a list of form validation errors.  Here is the essence of my page:

>         <!-- I want to show the errors here -->
>
>         <form jwcid="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" success="listener:doSubmit">
>             <label jwcid="@FieldLabel" field="component:user"/>
>
>             <input jwcid="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" displayName="Email"
> value="ognl:login.user"
>                 validators="validators:required,email[Invalid email
> address]"/>
>
>             <label jwcid="@FieldLabel" field="component:password"/>
>             <input jwcid="[EMAIL PROTECTED]" displayName="Password"
>                 value="ognl:login.pwd" validators="validators:required"/>
>
>             <input type="submit" value="Log in"/>
>         </form>
>
> It doesn't seem like a task that should require any custom java code in
> my page class.  From what I can guess It will probably involve something
> like this:
>
> <ul>
> source="ognl:components.myForm.delegate.fieldTracking"
>         value="currentFieldTracking">
>         <li>
> delegate="currentFieldTracking.errorRenderer"/>
>         </li>
> </ul>
>
> Yet the above doesn't work.
>
> Thanks for your patience.
> - Adam (a former (hopefully) Struts developer)
>

> Videx Inc. 1105 N. E. Circle Blvd. Corvallis OR 97330 (541) 758-0521
> CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION: The email message and any attachments are
> intended only for the addressee.  They may be privileged, confidential, and
> protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any
> dissemination, distribution, or copying is expressly prohibited.  If you
> received this email message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
> replying to this e-mail message or by telephone

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer