To customize the label for your selects, you'll have to implement you
own IPropertySelection or inherit from existing one and override
getLabel(int).

As for disabling/hiding stuff dynamically: you can set submitOnChange to
true (see
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry3/doc/ComponentReference/PropertySele
ction.html). Perhaps, put the PropertySelection in its own form if you
don't want everything to be submitted when the selection changes.