Hmm...  If someone opened up a jira ticket with specific parameter
examples && what does/doesn't work it would probably make it easier
for me to look at.

As for gif vs. png - I didn't make that configurable on purpose
because my overall goal was to avoid PNG whenever possible because IE
hasn't traditionally had any normal/straightforward support for it.
Having a transparent background is the only thing that forces png
output.

Either way an example in jira could probably get looked at and solved
pretty quickly.  These days I normally just respond to things on the
mailing list but almost never go make changes / bug fixes unless there
is a jira ticket so most conversations get lost/forgotten if there is
no follow up.

On 8/14/07, Kevin Menard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Incidentally, I just ran into this.  This was after spending over an hour
> figuring out I needed to add tapestry-contrib to use the rounded service
> (someone please update the docs).
>
> I dug into it and it appears to be the PNG vs GIF logic that's failing.  If
> I remove the background color, everything works fine.  If present, it's a
> problem.  If I attach the source of the contrib library in Eclipse, step
> into the code, and change the type from GIF to PNG when a background color
> is present, even that works.
>
> This may be a platform-specific problem with ImageIO.  I'm on MacOS X 10.4
> running Java 5.  I guess it'd be nice if the image type were configurable.
>
> --
> Kevin
>

> On 8/14/07 12:12 PM, in article [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Henry Chen"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > Any other thoughts what I might have done wrong with this rounded corner
> > service?
> >

> > Henry Chen wrote:
> >>
> >> Just tried. Not work either. Same error in Tomcat.
> >>
> >> SEVERE: Image generated had zero length byte array from parameters of:
> >> [color:FF9900, bgColor:white, width:60, height:60, angle:tr,
> >> shadowWidth:3, shadowOpacity:-1.0, side:null, wholeShadow: false,
> >> arcWidth: -1.0, arcHeight:-1.0
> >>  image: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: type = 1 DirectColorModel: rmask=ff0000
> >> gmask=ff00 bmask=ff amask=0 IntegerInterleavedRaster: width = 66 height =
> >> 66 #Bands = 3 xOff = -54 yOff = 0 dataOffset[0] 54

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer