Marcus Schulte wrote:

> I can't really see your mistake from the code, but anyway, here are
> two things that could be wrong:
>
> 1. for client-side validation to work, you need to set the
> clienValidationEnabled parameter of your form to true
>
> 2. be sure to bind the form's delegate-parameter to your delegate.
>
> 3. if you want server-side validation check the delegate bean using
> hasErrors

thanks for the answer - i have figured it out by myself by now - i used the
listener event in the form instead of success - which means no matter what
validation says, the form will still be submitted to the listener. This is
not what i would have expected to happen - but it did happen, and it
confused me greatly. Using the SubmitType submit and success listener now
gets it all working nicely even with the self written validators.

again, thanks for the answer - i think the issue at hand is resolved...