This appears to be caused by EhCache's GZipFilter (v 1.3.0). This is strange
since the rest of my .js files work fine with this filter.

Here's the response headers with the gzipFilter enabled:

Expires: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 23:33:06 GMT
Last-Modified: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 23:13:32 GMT
Cache-Control: public, max-age=7776000
Server: Jetty(6.1.5)

200 OK

And without:

Expires: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 23:36:54 GMT
Last-Modified: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 23:13:32 GMT
Cache-Control: public, max-age=7776000
Server: Jetty(6.1.5)

200 OK

Is Tapestry already doing some gzipping? It looks like the file is smaller
w/o the EhCache filter enabled.

Thanks,

Matt