On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 14:49:39 -0300, Josh Canfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Interesting idea.

You could look at contributing a BindingSource, call it 'variable'.
You'd need to investigate how they are created, not sure about typing
the values, the get/set in the Binding interface are Object so you may
be able to get away with out worrying about it:

<t:loop t:source="mystrings" t:value="variable:theValue">
  ${variable:theValue}<br/>
</t:loop>

Very interesting idea!
As far as I thought about this topic, maybe a threaded service would be a nice way to implement this, as we have to clear these variables after they were used. Tapestry-IoC can notify thread-scoped services the thread has finished its execution. My only doubt is about how the prop:binding would deal with these "untyped" values.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Desenvolvedor, Instrutor e Consultor de Tecnologia