I have a @FieldLabel that's written as follows:

<label class="desc" jwcid="@FieldLabel"
field="component:usernameField">Username</label>

When the "usernameField" has an error, I want to change the class to "desc
error" or just "error". I've created my own ValidationDelegate and tried to
overwrite writeLabelAttributes(), but it doesn't seem to work.

Is there something I'm doing wrong in the code below?

    public void writeLabelAttributes(IMarkupWriter writer, IRequestCycle
cycle, IFormComponent component) {
        if (isInError(component)) {
            writer.appendAttribute("class", "error");

Thanks,

Matt