followup. Strange thing is - looking at the actuall log4j.Logger - it has an isTraceEnabled, so I'm really unclear as to why this would happen.

Christian.

On 12-Sep-07, at 10:01 AM, Christian Gruber wrote:

Hi,

I just started using Tapestry, and was working a little past the tutorial. I pulled in the snapshot code and my app broke, particularly around commons-logging no longer being imported as a transative dependency.

I declared

        public RequestFilter buildTimingFilter(final Logger log)

using the slf4j version.

I tried the latter, and I ended up with:

        HTTP ERROR: 500

        org.apache.log4j.Logger.isTraceEnabled()Z
        RequestURI=/person/create