Hi all, I'm using tapestry 4.0 and have a service that what roughly
does is create a PDF file in the tmp dir if it does not exists. If the
file exists or after its creation the service returns its contents to
the client. Now I'm worried about synchronization issues in this
code. Mi first idea was synchronize the method that looks for the file
and creates one if none exists, but this will not work if multiple
instances of the service are concurrently running. So, can I safely
assume that there is only one instance of the service running?, I
think not but wanted to be sure. If there may be many instances of the
service running, is Ok to synchronize on some global object? (global
as in <state-object scope="application").

Any pointer to the docs are wellcome!. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Manuel.