For the record, I use a global .properties file to contain all common application strings. I avoid page/component properties files because I feel they cause too much scatter. The exception being if a component (or collection of them) merits its own library, then I'll make an exception. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't declare components in properties files, only templates or page classes (or other components) - right?

Robert A. Decker wrote:
I'm just starting out in Tapestry (WO developer since 3.51) Does everyone automatically create a .properties file for their pages/components and put their validation, messages, etc in there? Or is it more selective?

The tutorial gave some great examples of using the properties file for validation, messages, etc, but then looking at some of the other examples it looks like the validation is usually put right into the html... (for example, here: http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/guide/validation.html)