I've read:
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/guide/appstate.html

I understand that when using an ApplicationState it's really more of a Session state (the default way). What if I want to store something that's shared across all sessions as more of what I would think of as an ApplicationState? Do I just create a static variable somewhere?

Sorry for the basic questions I've been asking. I'm new to Tapestry and still trying to figure out the standard ways of doing some basic stuff.