The one feature that T5 is missing and keeps us in T3 is lack of support for client-side session persistence. With the redirect-after-submit paradigm ingrained in T5 (a design decision I think a framework shouldn't be making), I can't have state hidden in forms persisted through the redirect and hence am forced to use the session.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Francois Armand" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tapestry users" <users@tapestry.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2007 4:24 AM
Subject: Re: Comparison

Christian Gorbach wrote:
Here's a recent comparison of Wicket and Tap from Ken Tong:
http://agileskills2.org/blog/2007/09/my_thoughts_on_the_differences.html
cheers
c)hristian

(I'm sorry, I would have answer on your blog, but it seems that something does not work with typekey login, I get a error message : "The site you're trying to comment on has not signed up for this feature. Please inform the site owner.")

Well, I mostly agree with the major part of your post, except for the ease of use : a few month ago, I has to choose a new web framework and tested wicket (1.3, first betas) and Tapestry 5. And I found Tapestry 5 far simpler to understand and use than Wicket, with no possible comparison !

So, perhaps previous version of Tapestry used to be hard, but Tapestry 5 is just the simplest Java web framework that I ever used (note: this assertion really depends of my personal background, the fact that I never code any line of Swing but I know Spring/IoC for a long time, and that I only spend some time with Struts, Struts 2, Stripes, Wicket and Tapestry 5).

Really, Tapestry 5 has a lot of default, the bigger one being that it's still alpha, but it *is* simple. Being productive with it is a matter of minutes...

--
Francois Armand
Etudes & Développements J2EE