I'm working on an application where a user logs into the action and from there every action they take is audited by being saved in the database, tied to that user in the database.

I've been trying to follow the examples, but it seems that in my app all users share the same session when I use an ASO, which of course doesn't work for me.

Has anyone done something similar? Written an application where multiple users are logged in and all of their actions/page-displays/ etc are separate from each other?

One problem is that I can't put obviously identifying information in URLs, or on the page. For example, I can put a session id (as long as it's a random string) in the page (in links, in hidden form elements, etc), but I can't put user names or ids.