The outer loop's "index" paramter and the inner loops "index" parameter are independent. However, the property to which they are bound in your page is up to you. So, in your example, where both index parameters are bound to the index property, you're going to get collision, just as you would with:
for(int i=0;i<10;i++) {
  for(i=5;i<15;i++) {
You'll need two distinct index properties here:

.html:

.java:
public abstract int getInnerIndex();
public abstract void setInnerIndex(int idx);
public abstract int getOuterIndex();
public absract void setOuterIndex(int idx);

Robert