hi borut,

what you need is not possible... we'll have to wait for the AJAX
integration :)

i've posted a have-baked solution how to perform partial
page rendering in t5:

http://www.nabble.com/T5%3A-Prototype%27s-AJAX.updater-question-tf3907697.html#a11079706

it works as long there is no Form component involved. if
so you have to put some services (eg. FormSupport,...)
into the Environment manually and maintain the form state
replacing the "t:formdata" input field generated with every form.

g,
kris

"Borut Bolčina" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
10.10.2007 13:01
Bitte antworten an
"Tapestry users" <users@tapestry.apache.org>

An
Tapestry <users@tapestry.apache.org>
Kopie

Thema
T5: A component returning StreamResponse?

Hello,

I would like to create an ajax dialog (actually a series of them to act as
wizard). The content of the dialog should change according to user
interaction and therefore create a series of steps. If this wizard is
going
to have 3 steps then 3 ajax requests for dialog content would be made.

I would like each ajax request to call (different) T5 component returning
HTML fragment.

I am using jQuery to make a request

***** TEMPLATE ******
        <script>
            $().ready(function() {
              $('#ex2').jqm({ajax: '${thelink}'}).jqmShow();
            });
        </script>

***** CLASS *****
    public String getTheLink() {
        Link l = _resources.createActionLink("myAction", false);
        return l.toURI();
    }

    StreamResponse onMyAction() {
        return new TextStreamResponse("text/html", htmlFragment);
    }

I would like the htmlFragment to be generated by T5 component for example
WizardStep1.

If I declare a component in the class above:
    @Component
    private WizardStep1 wizardStep1;

and modify method onMyAction like this

    StreamResponse onMyAction() {
        wizardStep1.setMessage("hello");
        return (StreamResponse) wizardStep1;
    }

then I get Exception:
Component ui/dialog/JQModalAjax does not contain an embedded component
with
id 'wizardStep1'.

which is true, as I don't have WizardStep1 in my ui/dialog/JQModalAjax.tml

Any suggestions?