I was wondering what kind of components people are looking for that
are not yet available as an open source example.  T5 seems to have the
simple html components pretty well covered, and we're all waiting
anxiously for direct AJAX support.  I was thinking simple things, up
to the complexity of  Pallete, Grid and BeanEditForm.

I am using the EnhancedPallete (on the wiki) with good success, and I
created an EnhancedGrid that allows for a component to be stuck in
it's body (good for rows of totals that you want to align with the
grid, but not have sorting apply to)

Some other ideas that I've seen come up in the past:
A Grid-independant Pager (sounds easy to do, but I haven't needed it yet)
Fisheye Menu (Was part of Tacos?)
Date Picker and Color Picker (I think they are available now)
Progress Bar (would probably require AJAX to be any good)

What about codified versions of these components?
PivotTable (kind of like a Grid and Tree I guess)
Tabs (Examples have been given, but a nice out-of-the-box one with CSS
would be cool for tutorials)
Dashboard (Something for dealing with IFrame layouts?)

How about things that delve into areas normally reserved for web
designers?  (dynamic generation of Flash buttons would be a great
starter example, using something like JGenerator)  The Tapestry
rounded-corners service is in this kind of gray area. I'm kind of
hooked on the idea, especially if caching works as well as serving
image files.

What else is out there (either on the web or in a rich client) that
you'd rather not reinvent?