first of all, excuse me for the post-flood, but I had some standing issues.
Perhaps some of these questions can help others as well so here this one
goes:

I was on a roll until i wanted to include the name of a City-instance
through a template expansion, which gave the error:

Could not convert 'firstresult.poi.city.name' into a component parameter
binding: Class java.lang.Boolean does not contain a property named 'name'
(within property expression 'firstresult.poi.city.name').

However, city is of type City and not op type java.lang.Boolean!

The traversal goes through a POI and a City-class which are both mapped as
hibernate-entities.
the traversal poi.getCity() is a lazy association.

(for you hibernate gurus:
       @ManyToOne(fetch = FetchType.LAZY)
        @JoinColumn(name="cityid", nullable=false)
        @Cache(usage =
org.hibernate.annotations.CacheConcurrencyStrategy.NONSTRICT_READ_WRITE)
        private City city;

my expansion looks like::

<t:compositeBlockList t:id="comp1">
  <t:parameter name="groupheader">
                <strong>
                ${firstresult.poi.city.name}
                </strong>
  </t:parameter>
</t:compositeBlockList>

What is causing this error? Could the hibernate-entity City look like a
boolean (when reflection is used) before it is lazily fetched?? I can't
really imagine that but who knows? anyone?

thanks,
Geert-Jan