Malin Ljungh schrieb:
Hi all,

I've got some annoying stack traces in my log from bots, primarily a bot
called LiteFinder but also Googlebot. (the LiteFinder seems to get lowercase
URLs which results in many org.apache.tapestry.PageNotFoundException since I
use uppercase first letter of my pages)

I print stack trace in the exception page setException method - how can I at
this point detect the user-agent and just ignore it?

Cheers,
Malin

Just inject the WebRequest into your page and check for any unwanted user agents in your setException() method.

@InjectObject("infrastructure:request")
public abstract WebRequest getRequest();

public void setException(Throwable t)
{
    String userAgent = getRequest().getHeader("User-Agent");
    if(!isUnwanted(userAgent))
    {
        // user agent is valid
        // do your logging stuff or whatever