Maybe just change the line in appmodule to:

   public RequestFilter buildTimingFilter(final Logger log)

and then add the import

import org.slf4j.Logger;

Personally I just downloaded a quick new quickstart archetype and copied the new AppModule.java accross.

jblier wrote:
Hi Mike!

Before your message I tried all your steps.

When starting the application in my browser, it did not find the root /myapp
and gave a 404 error. Although all my files were moved and renamed *.tml,
all inject annotations redone, etc.

By telling Maven to update the source folder, now I get a 500 error with the
/myapp root.

I followed your steps on a backup copy and got the same 404 and then the 500
after updating the source folder.

In both instances, the AppModule.java gives me an error:
log.info(String.format("Request time: %d ms", elapsed));

with the explanation "The method info(String) is undefined for the type
Log".

I also used Open Run Dialog to disable logging, to no avail, because I still
get the 500 error.

Do I need to modify the AppModule.java file?

So I guess the proper way to upgrade is to use a new archetype to create an
empty application et paste in all my files.

Mike_R wrote:
Hi,

What I had to do:

- change tapestry version in pom.xml from 5.0.5 to 5.0.6
- rename all pages and components to tml
- move pages (not components) to context root (the dir below WEB-INF)
- delete all Inject annotation import statements and let eclipse import
the new Inject
- upgrade log4j to version 1.2.14 (?) in pom.xml, as stated in howard's
blog.

That was it for me
regards,
Mike

jblier wrote:
This question may look simple for you but I ask it anyway.

What are the steps to upgrade a project from 5.0.5 to 5.0.6?

Do I just need to modify my web.xml file or the pom.xml file?

Yes, I know, once upgraded, I'll have to rename my pages .html files to
.tml and move them in webapp.

Thanks in advance.