This is one of those cases that is, somewhat delibrately, not covered
by T5 directly.

I think you are on to something: capturing the Element and working
your way into the body to re-write the markup generated by the
components
in the body.

Tapestry uses a very light-weight DOM; I wonder if it would be
possible to hook an existing XPath engine up to it?

On Nov 8, 2007 5:55 PM, Andy Huhn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to write a component that allows Tapestry to render its body
> into the MarkupWriter, and then it performs string substitutions on the
> MarkupWriter to "transform" the output before it is sent back to the
> client.  Any ideas?
>
> I've looked through a bunch of the source code, and I can't find any
> built-in components that "examine" their body, or that even are aware of
> their body (other than to return true or false from beginRenderBody).
>
> I thought about using an AfterRender method, getting the MarkupWriter,
> and using XPath or some other means to manipulate the latest elements
> added.  But it appears that the MarkupWriter doesn't support XPath.
>
> Help?
>
> Thanks,
> Andy

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Partner and Senior Architect at Feature50