Nice one - Remove works like a charm.

On 13/11/2007, at 6:19 AM, Shing Hing Man wrote:

The following is my implementation of a
remove component.

Put the following in the component directory:

public class Remove {

        protected boolean beginRender(){
                return false;

Usage :

<h1 t:type="remove">Fred</h1>

Shing

--- Geoff Callender
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I was thinking particularly of stylesheet handling.
In T4 you could
put $remove$ around a stylesheet that used a
relative path.  The
approach I'm taking in T5 is this kind of thing:

<head>
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
href="../../css/mystyle.css"/>
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
href="${stylesheet}"/>
</head>

The first link makes it previewable, but it might
not be valid at
runtime eg. if the template was in WEB-INF/classes
instead of in the
web context.  At runtime the second link would
become valid so you'd
cascade to it.  The java for it could be:

        @Inject
        @Path("context:css/mystyle.css")
        private Asset _stylesheet;

Is there a flaw in this?  Perhaps there's a better
way?

Cheers,

Geoff