Hi

It's off course possible (thanks to Howard and his Hivemind ideas :) ) You
can actually write something like

        <implementation service-id="<FULL SERVICE NAME HERE WITH MODULE ID>">

                BLAH BLAH

                <invoke-factory model="singleton">
                        <construct class="<YOUR CLASS NAME HERE>">
                                   <!- ANY INITIALIZATION OR
INJECTIONS REQUIRED -->
                        </construct>
                </invoke-factory>
        </implementation>

More examples you can find for example here:

http://bookie.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/bookie-framework/src/main/resources/META-INF/hivemodule.xml

And off course your new class should implement interface of the service.
As service-id you need to specify full service ID, with module, something
like tapestry.render.Render or something like that.

Renat