Nope, the default Tapestry expression language can only read
properties, not do higher order things the way OGNL can.  Because you
can change your Java class on the fly, there isn't a pressing need.  I
suspect a later release of Tapestry will expand the power of the
expression language.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Partner and Senior Architect at Feature50