----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Menard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@tapestry.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 10:01 PM
Subject: Re: [T5] Removing page name shortening?

going away.  So long as you always use one of the link components, you
really shouldn't worry that much about how Tapestry names the URLs (granted,
there are exceptions for acegi and what not).

Hi.

I guess you are refering to ActionLinks and possibility of specifying page class or instance as return valu inside event methods. That way Tapestry generates URL containing proper page name. But thing is that Tapestry 5 introduced this double-request action concept (original request and client redirect request) to solve back/refresh/bookmarking problems, and thus for a lot of links ActionLink adds overhead of one additional request since they just need to invoke page rendering (with possibly activation context values) and not some action being performed before that. Thus in these cases PageLink is the right one, and it requires page name specified in template.

Anyway, you mentioned that public sites require this short page names. OK, I have to admit I have almost no experience here since I produced always internal web apps. Yes, maybe configuration flag would be nice.

Regards,
Vjeran