If you use Java property files, there is something very special.
Property files in Java loaded by the default class loader may NOT be encoded
in UTF-8. They always must be encoded in ISO-8859-1 or you have to use
Unicode escape sequences.

See: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/util/Properties.html

Max