Angelo Chen wrote:
Hi,

Can we use @OnEvent to annotate a onActivate method, say:

@OnEvent(???)
void myActivate() {
}

I'm not sure I understand what you want to do.

The @OnEvent tag signal a handler for an Event. The method annotated may have any name you want, but you SHOULD avoid Tapestry reserved name (I think it was said that an exception should be raised if a conventional method name is annotated).
. Event handlers can be used in page or components,

The "onActivate" method represent the method(s) called at the page activation. Page activation is a special phase before page rendering which deals with the context of the page (for example get parameters). It's an important phase because it is the last in the response process where you can send a redirect or a non HTML response (see the PDF tutorial for example). The activation phase is *always* done in a page, even if no onActivate method deals with it.

So,
- you can use @onEvent on any method you want but you SHOULD avoid reserved name ;
- onActivate is not an event handler.

What do you want to do ?