You could also consider checking out the source code (at least for tapestry-hibernate) and looking into its testing suite. If I remember correctly, it also does what you want to do, which may very well be the same as what Davor posted.

sincerely,
chris

Davor Hrg wrote:
I've recently posted two examples off running tapestry-ioc on it's own

http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5HowToIocOnly
http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5HowToIocAndHibernate

look there on how to start tapestry-ioc with only the things you need.

Davor Hrg